Retail Sales Specialist, SF Shop
The Colleen Mauer Designs Sales Specialist is the warm and welcoming hostess or host that ensures our San Francisco space is always tidy, organized, and enjoyable–an expert at building no-pressure, comfortable experiences and relationships.
We are looking for an individual who will create a connection with each person who walks in the door and who is passionate about the natural, classic beauty we all possess. This person is an ever-grounded, flexible doer who takes pride in keeping our environment looking beautiful; a detail-oriented self-starter who can balance multi-tasking with following through.
About us: Colleen Mauer Designs is a small jewelry design company founded in 2001 by industrial designer Colleen Mauer. Each piece in the CMD collection is handcrafted with special care by a team of production artists in San Francisco and upstate New York. Our collections are sold throughout the United States and abroad, and because our clients have varied styles, we pride ourselves on creating jewelry that can be appreciated by all walks of life. To support that, we take special care to create a working team of exceptionally creative, caring, hard working people who are committed to impeccable service.
We are growing by leaps and bounds so a career at CMD is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact, to learn, and to take pride in your contributions.
As our Sales Specialist, you do not need to know about jewelry production before you start, but you need to be a quick learner, able to jump in and become well-versed in our design process, and to be enthusiastic about sharing that information and our story with our clients. People who are not outgoing, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are a kind, solid team player with a strong interest in and appreciation for jewelry and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for inspiring people to have fun, dotting I’s and crossing T’s, delighting people, and who is whole-heartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we are excited to meet you!
- Open and close the shop
- Greet and engage with every customer
- Help customers make jewelry choices they will enjoy
- Use our sales system to sell items to customers
- Keep the space clean and organized
- Maintain inventory by cleaning and keeping displays well stocked and visually beautiful
- Keep organized records of all sales
- Administrative projects
- Light cleaning
- Available to work 2-3 shifts a week including one weekend day.
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Excellent relationship builder
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a jewelry store
- Proficient with Mac OS
- Flexibility with scheduling
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, hourly part-time position but must be able to work 3 shifts during our regular business hours.
General supervision provided by store manager
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- lift 45 lbs
- move freely around the showroom
How to apply
Email your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Sales Specialist Applicant” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no unsolicited calls or walk-ins; applications submitted without a resume or personalized cover letter will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career with Colleen Mauer Designs. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Colleen Mauer Designs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.