We love nothing more than staple, can’t-live-without-it jewelry. Donning our fave pieces daily (layered together, of course) is simply the core of CMD. Alas, over time, our sparklers get less sparkly—as all metals tend to do. Never fear, dear readers! We have the perfect, au naturale solution to DIY jewelry cleaning. Read on for our professional, designer approved, at-home cleaning tricks.
1. Fill a pyrex dish with warm water and two tablespoons of baking soda.
2. Crumple a sheet of aluminum foil into a ball (like you would a piece of paper) and place in dish.
3. Set your jewelry in the dish with the foil and let is soak for around 10 minutes. This is great for silver and gold, butdo not put oxidized silver in the solution.
4. Remove jewelry and lightly rinse with soap water (CMD prefers straightforward dish soap).
5. Thoroughly—but gently!—pat dry. Repeat as needed.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
I'm shopping small this holiday season and I hope you will, too! Let's put money back into our communities and keep Main Street alive and well. There are so many incredibly creative people running all types of businesses [...]