Pretend you're at a mineral hot springs and use our new oxidation kit to re-oxidize your CMD jewelry at home! Please note: the liver of sulfur chips do smell like rotten eggs so we recommend having a fan or air purifier close by while completing the process. Our oxidation kit contains enough chips to conduct multiple treatments.
1. First add a chip of sulfur to a glass bowl and then add hot water. The chip will dissolve and the water will turn a brown color.
2. Once the sulfur dissolves, place the jewelry into the solution, and oxidation should start immediately. Leave the jewelry in the solution for about a minute, or until there is a thin layer of oxidation on the piece.
3. Remove the jewelry from the solution (we recommend using the gloves in the kit) and then use the blue scour pad to rub the whole surface.
4. Repeat the process until you get the desired color.
5. Once the jewelry is the color you want, remove from the solution and do one last rub with the scour pad. Then drop the jewelry in a bowl of cold water to stop the chemical process and your piece should have a beautiful oxidized finish.
In this zodiac season, darkness prevails, but the promise of light is ever-present on the horizon. Sagittarius captures the essence of transformation, with its interplay of intensifying darkness and the gradual return of the light. It mirrors the natural ebb and flow of life itself [...]
The Plaid Friday Sale has been extended one more day! Save 20-30% sitewide through midnight. Bonus: Save an additional 10% on featured bundles. Need help finding the perfect gift? I put together this handy Holiday Gift Guide to help. If you're local to Asbury Park, [...]
In honor of Giving Tuesday, I’m donating 10% of sales from orders placed today to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), an organization that’s near and dear to my heart. For those grieving loss, for those who have complicated, stressful or non-existent family relationships, for those who feel alone, for those who feel [...]