Pretend you're at a mineral hot springs and use our new oxidation kit to re-oxidize your CMD jewelry at home! Please note: the liver of sulfur chips do smell like rotten eggs so we recommend having a fan or air purifier close by while completing the process. Our oxidation kit contains enough chips to conduct multiple treatments.
1. First add a chip of sulfur to a glass bowl and then add hot water. The chip will dissolve and the water will turn a brown color.
2. Once the sulfur dissolves, place the jewelry into the solution, and oxidation should start immediately. Leave the jewelry in the solution for about a minute, or until there is a thin layer of oxidation on the piece.
3. Remove the jewelry from the solution (we recommend using the gloves in the kit) and then use the blue scour pad to rub the whole surface.
4. Repeat the process until you get the desired color.
5. Once the jewelry is the color you want, remove from the solution and do one last rub with the scour pad. Then drop the jewelry in a bowl of cold water to stop the chemical process and your piece should have a beautiful oxidized finish.
In honor of Giving Tuesday, I’m donating 10% of sales today to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), an organization that’s near and dear to my heart. And remember to reach out to people who might be feeling lonely or sad…a phone call or a hug can go a very long way [...]
Plaid Friday is a "shop local" alternative to Black Friday that began in Oakland, CA in 2009 and since, has successfully spread across the country. We’re so grateful for your support of small businesses like ours, and for sharing CMD with others (or yourself!) this holiday season. Your business helps keep our [...]
It’s November, and the holiday season is practically here – I can’t believe it either! We’re encouraging you to get a little kick-start on your seasonal shopping. At CMD, we handcraft every earring, necklace, bracelet and ring in our Upstate New York production studio [...]