Pretend you're at a mineral hot springs and use our new oxidation kit to re-oxidize your CMD jewelry at home! Please note: the liver of sulfur chips do smell like rotten eggs so we recommend having a fan or air purifier close by while completing the process. Our oxidation kit contains enough chips to conduct multiple treatments.
1. First add a chip of sulfur to a glass bowl and then add hot water. The chip will dissolve and the water will turn a brown color.
2. Once the sulfur dissolves, place the jewelry into the solution, and oxidation should start immediately. Leave the jewelry in the solution for about a minute, or until there is a thin layer of oxidation on the piece.
3. Remove the jewelry from the solution (we recommend using the gloves in the kit) and then use the blue scour pad to rub the whole surface.
4. Repeat the process until you get the desired color.
5. Once the jewelry is the color you want, remove from the solution and do one last rub with the scour pad. Then drop the jewelry in a bowl of cold water to stop the chemical process and your piece should have a beautiful oxidized finish.
Virgos are the craftsmen and craftswomen of the zodiac, possessing a remarkable ability to pay attention to the tiniest of details. They find beauty in the most intricate aspects of life. Virgo possesses a profound sense of duty and responsibility, always striving for perfection [...]
I’ll never forget the first time I learned about Burning Man. It was 2001, I had just moved West and was working in an Oakland warehouse at a furniture design company. There were some people building these large sculptures for the event. When I asked what they were [...]
At the start of 2023, I made a pact with myself to find a better way to unplug this year. Not just for me, but for the whole CMD team. Being such a small company and team (there’s only five of us!), one person being out can add pressure to the already heavy workload. I'll be [...]