Pretend you're at a mineral hot springs and use our new oxidation kit to re-oxidize your CMD jewelry at home! Warning: the liver of sulfur chips do smell like rotten eggs so we recommend having a fan or air purifier close by while completing the process. Our oxidation kit contains enough chips to conduct multiple treatments.
1. First add a chip of sulfur to a glass bowl and then add hot water. The chip will dissolve and the water will turn a brown color.
2. Once the sulfur dissolves, place the jewelry into the solution, and oxidation should start immediately. Leave the jewelry in the solution for about a minute, or until there is a thin layer of oxidation on the piece.
3. Remove the jewelry from the solution (we recommend using the gloves in the kit) and then use the blue scour pad to rub the whole surface.
4. Repeat the process until you get the desired color.
5. Once the jewelry is the color you want, remove from the solution and do one last rub with the scour pad. Then drop the jewelry in a bowl of cold water to stop the chemical process and your piece should have a beautiful oxidized finish.
This weekend only: we're giving away two brand new designs from our Celestial Collection when you order online! Spend $150+ and you'll receive a free pair of our sterling silver moon studs ($78 value). Spend $450+ and you'll get a pair of the 14k solid gold sun studs ($178 value). And finally, spend $750+ [...]
2020 was quite a year, I think we can all agree. It was challenging for everyone and forced us to think of new ways of working, socializing and living our lives. As a small business owner in a pandemic, I had to completely shift the way we were doing things to stay afloat. By the beginning of April 2020, my Valencia retail shop was boarded up, I had to furlough my SF team and part of my NY Team. [...]
SAVE THE DATE - IG Live: Thursday, May 20th at 4pm PST. Join me and my bestie, Lisa on Instagram Live for a fun jewelry happy hour and cocktail tutorial! We'll be making French 75s and anyone who attends will be entered to win some CMD Bucks! Here's what you'll need to follow along at home: 1 oz Malfy Gin Con Limone, ½ oz lemon juice [...]