Pretend you're at a mineral hot springs and use our new oxidation kit to re-oxidize your CMD jewelry at home! Warning: the liver of sulfur chips do smell like rotten eggs so we recommend having a fan or air purifier close by while completing the process. Our oxidation kit contains enough chips to conduct multiple treatments.
1. First add a chip of sulfur to a glass bowl and then add hot water. The chip will dissolve and the water will turn a brown color.
2. Once the sulfur dissolves, place the jewelry into the solution, and oxidation should start immediately. Leave the jewelry in the solution for about a minute, or until there is a thin layer of oxidation on the piece.
3. Remove the jewelry from the solution (we recommend using the gloves in the kit) and then use the blue scour pad to rub the whole surface.
4. Repeat the process until you get the desired color.
5. Once the jewelry is the color you want, remove from the solution and do one last rub with the scour pad. Then drop the jewelry in a bowl of cold water to stop the chemical process and your piece should have a beautiful oxidized finish.
Last week, our Product Development & Production Guru, Sam celebrated FIVE years at CMD! We're so lucky to have her as an integral part of our incredible team. For those that don't know Sam, she's creative, curious, kind-hearted and has a passion for vintage clothing and [...]
Have you met our new Design Lab I: Lines capsule collection, yet? These limited edition pieces are only available for another week! I've prioritized focusing on my creativity and design in the studio more than ever this year. My team and I are working on all kinds of designs, methods and combinations. These new pieces [...]
The Brangle Bar Happy Hour returns TONIGHT, Thursday, July 15th at 7pm EST on Instagram Stories. Just like last month, we'll be sprinkling in a few bracelets and there will be a sneak peek at a couple of new pieces from the first round of Design Lab! All of these discounted designs will be available online for a limited time [...]